Chief Master Sergeant Christopher S. Bluto Jr. is the Command Chief for the 926th Wing, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Tenth Air Force, Air Force Reserve Command. He advises the 926th WG commander on all matters concerning the health, morale, welfare, professional development, effective management and discipline of more than 1,600 Reserve Citizen Airmen. The 926th WG is a force provider consisting of two operations groups and four direct reporting units spanning seven locations. They support multi-domain test, training and 24/7/365 combat missions across the United States Air Force Warfare Center, 57th Wing, 53rd Wing, 432d Wing, 49th Wing and 9th Reconnaissance Wing under the Total Force Integration intitative. Additionally, Chief Bluto provides leadership and guidance as the commander’s representative to numerous committees, councils and boards, and at military functions throughout the wing, base and command.
Chief Bluto entered the Air Force in 1996, attending the Air Force Basic Military Training at Lackland AFB, Texas. He has held a variety of positions within the Remotely Piloted Aircraft community to include Evaluator Sensor Operator, Operations Superintendent, Squadron Superintendent and most recently Operations Group Superintendent. He has accrued more than 4,600 combined flight hours in the MQ-1B and MQ-9 weapon systems deploying in support of Operation JOINT FORGE, Operation ALLIED FORCE, Operation SOUTHERN WATCH, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM and Operation IRAQI FREEDOM. His assignments include bases in Nevada, Washington D.C. and the Republic of Korea.
1996 Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
1996 Basic Imagery Analyst Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
1997 Predator Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Sensor Operator Course, Indian Springs, Air Force Auxilary Field, Nev.
1998 Predator UAV ISO Course, Indian Springs AFAF
1998 Joint Firepower Control Course, Nellis AFB
2002 Airman Leadership School, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
2008 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Kirkland AFB, N.M.
2011 Senior NCO Academy, by correspondence
2013 Associates Degree, Intelligence Studies and Technology, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Associates Degree, Air and Space Operations Technology, CCAF, Maxwell AFB
2014 SNCO Leadership Development Course, Nellis AFB
2014 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2015 Chief Orientation Course, Warner Robins, AFB, Ga. 2017 Command Chief Orientation Course, Warner Robins AFB
1. June 1996 - August 1996, Student Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB
2. August 1996-February 1997, Student, Imagery Analysis Training Course, Goodfellow AFB
3. February 1997-September 1999, Instructor Sensor Operator, 11th Reconnaissance Squadron, Indian Springs AFAF
4. September 1999 - September 2002, Instructor Sensor Operator, 15th Reconnaissance Squadron, Indian Springs AFAF
5. September 2002 - October 2004, NCOIC of Weapons/Tactics, 17th Reconnaissance Squadron, Indian Springs, AFAF
6. October 2004 - October 2005, Imagery Shift Supervisor, 607th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
7. October 2005 - March 2006, Student, Predator UAV SO Course, Creech AFB, Nev.
8. March 2006 - November 2008, Evaluator SO/C Flight NCOIC, 17th RS, Creech AFB
9. November 2008 - July 2011, Operations NCOIC/Evaluator SO, 26th Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB
10. July 2011 - October 2012, Evaluator SO/17th RS Operations Superintendent, 78th Attack Squadron, Creech AFB
11. October 2012 - April 2013, Operations Superintendent/Evaluator SO, 926th Group Det 1, Creech AFB
12. April 2013 - March 2014, Operations Superintendent, 91st Attack Squadron, Creech AFB
13. March 2014 - January 2016, Superintendent, 91st ATKS, Creech AFB
14. January 2016 - September 2017, Chief Enlisted Manager, 726th Operations Group, Creech AFB
15. October 2017 - Present, Command Chief, 926th WG, Nellis AFB
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
National Intelligence Certificate of Distinction
Meritorious Service Medal
Aerial Achievement Medal with 22 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Feb, 1 2015
(Current as of October 2017)