PRINT | E-MAIL
Major Brandon K. Lewis was born in San Antonio, TX, however, as a military BRAT lays claim to North Dakota, Arkansas, and Oklahoma where he currently resides with his spouse and two children: Kendra, Ryker, and Finley. Since July 2019 he has served as the 926 Force Support Operations Officer and current commander, leading 118 airmen across eight functional areas supporting 1500 personnel across six wings in five different states.
Prior to his current assignment, he was an individual mobilized augmentee to the Deputy, Plans and Integration Division, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. He was responsible for representing A1 during, evaluations, and capstone inspections across the Air Force Reserve Command. He was also responsible in improving understanding of HHQ AF, and AFRC policy and procedures to field FSS/CCs and improving the overall readiness of the Reserve command A1 squadrons.
Major Lewis received his commission via the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Texas State University in 2007. Major Lewis has served in every active duty and reserve flight in the Force Support Squadron including Communications, Military Personnel, Manpower, Commander Support Staff, and Services. He has a diverse career that includes Nuclear C4, BRAC, Medical, Flying, Recruitment, Accessions, Education and Operations.
2007 Bachelor of Science, Geography, Texas State University-San Marcos
2007 Aerospace Basic Course, residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Force Support Officer Course, residence, Keesler AFB, MS
2013 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Master’s degree in Education, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK.
2019 Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
1. May 2007 – September 2008, Scheduling Officer, 560th Flying Squadron, Randolph AFB, TX
2. October 2008 - April 2009, Commander Support Staff, 311th MSG, Brooks City-Base, TX
3. April 2009 – October 2009, BRAC Program Coordinator, 311th ABS, Brooks City-Base, TX
4. October 2009 – May 2011, Chief, Medical Manpower Element, 802nd FSS, Lackland AFB, TX
5. May 2011 – May 2014, Recruiting & Operations Flight Commander, Det 675, University of Oklahoma, Norman
6. June 2014 - October 2015, Communications Flight Commander, 507th FSS, Tinker AFB, OK
7. October 2015 – June 2017, Command Post Chief, 507th ARW, Tinker AFB, OK
8. June 2017 – June 2018, IMA to the Deputy, Plans and Integration Division, AFRC/HQ A1R, Robins AFB, GA
9. June 2018 – June 2019, Student, Command and General Staff College, US Army, Fort Leavenworth, KS
10. June 2019 – Present. Commander, 926th FSS, Nellis AFB, NV.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
2013 AFROTC Company Grade Officer of the Year – AFROTC HQ, Maxwell AFB, Ala
2013 Operational Personalist of the Year - Holms Center, Maxwell AFB, Ala
2014 Southwest Instructor of the Year – AFROTC, Joint Base San Antonio, TX
2014 AFROTC Verne Orr award winner – AFROTC HQ, Maxwell AFB, Ala
2015 507th ARW Company Grade Officer of the Year – 507th ARW, Tinker AFB, OK
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 10, 2007
First Lieutenant May 31, 2009
Captain May 31, 2011
Major May 31, 2016
(Current as of Feb 2020)