PRINT | E-MAIL
Chief Master Sergeant Jeffery P. Scott is the Command Chief, 926th Wing, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. He advises the Wing Commander on mission accomplishment and all matters concerning the health, morale, welfare, professional development, effective management and discipline of more than 1,400 Reserve Citizen Airmen. The 926th Wing is a force provider consisting of two operations groups and four direct-reporting units, spanning seven locations in five states. They support multi-domain testing, training, and 24/7/365 combat missions across the United States Air Force Warfare Center, 57th Wing, 53rd Wing, 432d Wing, 49th Wing, and the 9th Reconnaissance Wing under the Total Force Integration initiative. Additionally, Chief Scott provides leadership and guidance as the commander’s representative to numerous committees, councils and boards, and military functions throughout the command.
Chief Scott hails from New York and enlisted in the Air Force 1998. Throughout his career, he has provided solid leadership in various roles at the squadron, group and Major Command levels. Chief Scott has training and education experience as well as a background in multiple space systems, to include; Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS), Defense Support Program (DSP), Global Positioning System (GPS) and Rapid Attack Identification Detection and Reporting System (RAIDRS). He served in various space operations squadrons and has deployed to Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar in support of Operation Silent Sentry. Chief Scott has also served as the Enlisted Space Operations MAJCOM Functional Manager, Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command and Reserve Advisor to the Commander at Headquarters, Air Force Space Command.
Prior to his current position, Chief was the Superintendent of the 310th Operations Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
1999 Enlisted Space Pre-requisite training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
1999 Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) contractor led type one training, Buckley AFB, Colo.
2001 SBIRS Mission Crew Chief Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2001 Airmen Leadership School, by correspondence
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Development Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGhee-Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
2006 Space 200, National Security Space Institute, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2007 RAIDRS System contractor led pre-deployment training, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2008 Associate in Applied Science, Space Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2008 Space 300, National Security Space Institute, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2009 Space Warfighter Preparatory Course Advanced Space Operations School, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2009 Air Force Reserve Command SNCO Leadership Development Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2009 Additional Duty First Sergeant Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2009 Status of Resources and Training System Data Handler Course, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2010 Satellite Communications Advanced Course, Advanced Space Operations School, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2010 Principles of Space Control, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2011 Bachelor of Science, Organizational Management, Colorado Christian University
2011 Air Force Reserve Command Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2012 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2012 Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and Execution Segments Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, Fort McNair, Md.
2015 Cyberspace Operations Fundamentals Course, by correspondence
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by correspondence
2017 Air Force Reserve Command, Command Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2019 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. November 1998 – February 1999, Satellite Systems Operator, 7th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever Air Force Base, Colo.
2. February 1999 – July 2005, Mission Crew Chief, 8th Space Warning Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
3. August 2005 – November 2005, NCOIC of Training, 19th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
4. December 2005 – June 2007, NCOIC of Training, 310th Space Group Schriever AFB, Colo.
5. June 2007 – May 2009, Operations Superintendent, 310th Operations Support Flight, Schriever AFB, Colo. (January 2008 – May 2008, Defensive Space Control Fight Chief, 379th Expeditionary Operations Support Squadron, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
6. May 2009 – February 2011, Operations Superintendent, 380th Space Control Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
7. February 2011 – May 2013, Enlisted Space Operations MAJCOM Functional Manager, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. May 2013 – April 2016, Reserve Advisor to the Commander, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. April 2016 – July 2019, Superintendent, 310th Operations Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
10. October 2019 - Present, Command Chief, 926th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Reserve Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air & Space Campaign Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 “M” Device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant July 1, 2012
(Current as of January 2020)